Friday, April 17, 2015

Rudder is assembled, well, almost.

Run out of clecoes!
Today I made a good progress on the rudder. I spent evening putting together all parts of the skeleton. Deburred everything I needed and could - stiffeners, skins. Then put everything together.
Interesting note - I did not pay attention to where bend is displayed in the drawings. There are two sets of parts - shear clips and stiffeners which are bend, but, of course, they are drawn flat. So when I marked and cut stiffeners, I marked "L" on my my left and "R" on my right.
When I was putting skeleton together, "L" should went on top of "R", but not in my case. I have the opposite - "R" goes on top of "L". This is not a big deal because parts are the same and I still did what the plans call for - the part on the left goes on top of the part on the right. Still, need to pay close attention to where the bend is. I'm suspect there are a few places in the build where this is very important.
Finally, I've run out of clecoes and had to stop. The rest of the clecoes are on the vertical stabilizer which I hope to start riveting skin on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment