Monday, October 7, 2013

Door Indicator Switch

From  rvbuilder2002. He works for Vans.


Quote:








Originally Posted by Gary 40274 View Post

I wired mine into my EFIS. That way I got rid of the big relays. My EFIS shows a warning if the door is open and if I advance the throttle, it yells at me. Pretty hard to take off with that thing yelling in your ear.

Gary Specketer


I have mentioned in the past, but since it has been a while...
The relays were used by design choice, not because they were need.
As designed, if the sense wire for the system ever accidentally shorted to ground, it would make the system non functional, instead of producing a hard door safe indication even if a pin was not fully engaged.
This could have been done other ways, but the relays were an inexpensive and long-lasting/durable way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment